Born 1960, in Maglaj, Bosnia and Herzegovina. He was graduated from the University of Zagreb – Faculty on Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture (FAMENA) in 1984. He earned his Ph.D. with the thesis titled “Kinetics of Diffusion Forming of Carbide Layers” at University of Zagreb – FAMENA in 1997. In the period between 1991 and 1995 he worked on the project entitled “Optimization of Integrated Production of Parts” and since 1997 at the project “Heat Modifications of Metal Surface Layers”, and at the technological project “Diffusion Coating of Tools”. Nowadays he is co-worker at the project “Development of Multi-Layers on Tool Steels”. He spent two months in Germany and England at the seminars organized by EURO LASER ACADEMY from Vienna.
Selected recent publications:
- M. T. Mathew, M. M. Stack, B. Matijević, L.A. Rocha, E. Ariza: Micro-abrasion resistance of thermochemically treated steels in aqueous solutions: Mechanisms, maps, materials selection, Tribology International 41 (2008) 2, 141-149.
- B. Matijević, M. Stupnišek: Novelty in Diffusion Coating Technology, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 24 (2009), 7-8, 887-893.
- D. Lisjak, B. Matijević: Determination of Steel Carburizing Parameters by Using Neural Network, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 24 (2009), 7-8, 772-788.
- B. Matijević, M. Stupnišek: Novelity in Diffusion Coating Technology, Materials and Technology, 42 (2009), 81-84.
- B. Matijević, M. Stupnišek: Prevention of Reactive Soldering on Die Casting Parts, Journal of the Japan Society for Heat Treatment 1(2009), 381-384.
- Lj. Pedišić, B. Matijević, J. Munić: Effects of Concentration Watermiscible Metalworking Fluids on Cooling Rate, Goriva i maziva 6(2008) 450-462.
University of Zagreb
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture
Department of Materials
I. Lucica Street 5
HR-10000 Zagreb, Croatia
E-mail Božidar Matijević